Honoring Alamance County’s Outstanding Women Leaders
The Founders’ Award is given by the Women’s Resource Center in Alamance County to a female leader who demonstrates the characteristics of our founding members by providing outstanding contributions in the areas of mentoring, community development, philanthropy, and business.
Criteria for Nomination
Nominees must be women who reside in or provide leadership in Alamance County. Weight will be placed on involvement and impact in the local Alamance County community.
Current WRC Board & Staff members are not eligible. Previous Founders’ Award winners and previous Rising Star Award winners are not eligible to receive the same award again.
Eligible nominees will exhibit one or more of the following characteristics:
- Mentoring: participation in formal or informal activities that develop, support and advise women, and/or encourage community involvement;
- Community Development: participation in local civic organizations, charitable activities, political pursuits, chambers of commerce, etc.
- Philanthropy: contributions of time, materials, and/or money benefiting the local community;
- Business: contributions in their workplace and/or profession/industry
The nominee must be able to attend the Founders’ Award Ceremony ‘Leading the Way Event’ on November 7th, 2019 at First Presbyterian Church at 6:00pm.
Registration is open: Deadline is 9/30/19;
Nomination period is August 28th – September 30th, 2019.
Nominations may be submitted by WRC members and non-members alike. Self-nominations are welcome. No one knows your accomplishments better than you and we do not publicize the nominator in any way.
Duplicate entries will not improve a candidate’s odds of selection.
The nominations may be submitted via mail to: Susan Watson, 411-B West Fifth Street, Burlington 27215 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All nominations must include the following:
- A completed packet including the following:
- LTW Nomination Form 2019
- LTW Nominee Questionnaire 2019
- 1 letter of support and up to 2 additional letters demonstrating how the nominee meets the award criteria (see table on back of nomination form for examples) LTW Nomination Form 2019
- A resume
Completed nomination packets must be received by 9/30/2019.
Congratulations to our winners!
Founders’ Award Winner: Lori Seiler
Rising Star: Lindsay Conrad
Thank you to our Sponsors
Platinum: Cone Health
Gold: Elon University, Impact Alamance, WalMart Logistics
So grateful to our Keynote Speaker: Christine Clifton