Honoring Alamance County’s Outstanding Women Leaders
The Founders’ Award is given by the Women’s Resource Center in Alamance County to a female leader who demonstrates the characteristics of our founding members by providing outstanding contributions in the areas of philanthropy, community development and mentoring.
A Rising Star Award will be given to the most deserving nominee under age 40.
Criteria for Nomination
Nominees must be women who reside in or provide leadership in Alamance County.
Current WRC Board & Staff members are not eligible. Previous Founders’ Award winners and previous Rising Star Award winners are not eligible to receive the same award again.
Eligible nominees will exhibit one or more of the following characteristics:
- Outstanding contribution of leadership in the Alamance County community;
- Support or mentorship of women in the nominee’s area of expertise;
- High professional standards and commitment;
- Participation in professional and/or community activities locally, nationally and/or internationally;
- Significant career achievements and/or;
- Provide valuable service by contributing time, energy and/or financial resources to improve the lives of others in Alamance County.
The nominee will be required to attend the Founders’ Award Ceremony ‘Leading the Way Event’ on November 1st, 2018 at First Presbyterian Church at 6:00pm. Registration opens 9/1/2018; see sponsorship opportunities.
Call for nominations will be made via the WRC website, on Facebook and through recommendations made by members and sponsors.
Nominations may be submitted by WRC members and non-members alike. Self-nominations are welcome. No one knows your accomplishments better than you and we do not publicize the nominator in any way.
Duplicate entries will not improve a candidate’s odds of selection.
The nominations may be submitted via mail to: Susan Watson, 411-B West Fifth Street, Burlington 27215 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All nominations must include the following:
- A completed LTW 2018 Nomination form – may also be requested at email@example.com
- A letter of support explaining why the nominee meets the qualifications of the award criteria (up to two additional letters may be submitted – optional)
- A resume may be included
Completed nomination packets must be received by 9/30/2018.
Congratulations to our winners!
Visionary Award: Becky Mock & Marti Asher!
Founders’ Award Winner: Sherry Morris
Rising Star: Reagan Chandler Gural
Thank you to our Sponsors
Platinum: Cone Health
Gold: Elon University
So grateful to our Keynote Speaker: Tyronna Hooker