Leading the Way
Honoring Alamance County’s Outstanding Women Leaders
The Founders’ Award is given by the Women’s Resource Center in Alamance County to a female leader who demonstrates the characteristics of our founding members by providing outstanding contributions in the areas of philanthropy, community development and mentoring.
A Rising Star Award will be given to the most deserving nominee under age 40.
Join us on November 2nd for an evening of celebration, honoring two of Alamance County’s outstanding women.
Criteria for Nomination
Nominees must be women who reside in or provide leadership in Alamance County.
- Current WRC Board & Staff members are not eligible. Previous Founders’ Award winners and previous Rising Star Award winners are not eligible to receive the same award again.
- Eligible nominees will exhibit one or more of the following characteristics:
- Outstanding contribution of leadership in the Alamance County community;
- Support or mentorship of women in the nominee’s area of expertise;
- High professional standards and commitment;
- Participation in professional and/or community activities locally, nationally and/or internationally;
- Significant career achievements and/or;
- Provide valuable service by contributing time, energy and/or financial resources to improve the lives of others in Alamance County.
- The nominee will be required to attend the Founders’ Award Ceremony ‘Leading the Way Event’ on November 2nd, 2017 at First Presbyterian Church @ 6:00 pm. Registration opens 9/1/2017; see sponsorship opportunities.
- Call for nominations will be made via the WRC website, on Facebook and through recommendations made by members and sponsors
- Nominations may be submitted by WRC members and non-members alike. Self-nominations are welcome. No one knows your accomplishments better than you and we do not publicize the nominator in any way.
- Duplicate entries will not improve a candidate’s odds of selection
- The nominations may be submitted via mail to: Susan Watson, 411-B West Fifth Street, Burlington 27215 or by email to email@example.com
- All nominations must include the following:
- Completed nomination packets must be received by 9/30/2017.