Celebrating 10 Years of Honoring Alamance County’s
Outstanding Women Leaders
The Founders’ Award is given by the Women’s Resource Center of Alamance County to female leaders/businesswomen who demonstrate the characteristics of our Founders by providing outstanding contributions in the areas of mentoring, community development, philanthropy, and business.
The Rising Star Award is given to the most deserving nominees under age 40 who may be earlier in their careers and community involvement but already demonstrate leadership in these areas.
Criteria for Nomination
- Nominees must be women who reside in or provide leadership in Alamance County. Weight will be placed on involvement and impact in the local Alamance County community.
- Current WRC Board & Staff members are not eligible. Previous award recipients are not eligible to win the same award again.
- Eligible nominees will demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Mentoring: participation in formal or informal activities that develop, support, and advise women and/ or encourage community involvement
- Community Development: participation in endeavors that strengthen the local community.
- Philanthropy: contributions of time, materials, and/or money benefiting the local community
- Business: contributions in their workplace and/or profession/industry
- All nominees must be able to attend the Award Ceremony at the Leading the Way event on November 2, 2023.
We are accepting nominations!
Full packets due: 7/31/2023
The nomination period is June 1st – July 31st, 2023.
WRC supporters and non-supporters alike may submit nominations. Self-nominations are welcome. No one knows your accomplishments better than you and we do not publicize the nominator in any way.
Duplicate entries will not improve a candidate’s odds of selection.
The nominations may be submitted via mail to: Susan Watson, 411-B West Fifth Street, Burlington 27215 or by email to email@example.com.
All nominations must include the following:
- LTW Nomination Form 2023
- 1 letter of support and up to 2 additional letters demonstrating how the nominee meets the award criteria.
Completed nomination packets must be received by 7/31/2023.
Congratulations to our recipients!
Thank you to our 2022 Sponsors
Visionary Sponsor : Labcorp
Mission Sponsor: Glen Raven Cares
Sustaining Sponsors : Impact Alamance, Truliant Federal Credit Union
Supporting Sponsor : Exceed Technology
Contact Susan Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org for 2023 sponsorship opportunities.