Honoring Alamance County’s Outstanding Women Leaders
The Founders’ Awards are given by the Women’s Resource Center in Alamance County to female leaders who demonstrate the characteristics of our founding members by providing outstanding contributions in the areas of mentoring, community development, philanthropy, and business.
We are pleased to announce the nominees for the
2021 Founders’ and Rising Star Awards!
Congratulations to all these deserving nominees who are Leading the Way in Alamance County!
Criteria for Nomination
Nominees must be women who reside in or provide leadership in Alamance County. Weight will be placed on involvement and impact in the local Alamance County community.
Current WRC Board & Staff members are not eligible. Previous Founders’ Award winners and previous Rising Star Award winners are not eligible to receive the same award again.
Eligible nominees will exhibit one or more of the following characteristics:
- Mentoring: participation in formal or informal activities that develop, support and advise women, and/or encourage community involvement;
- Community Development: participation in local civic organizations, charitable activities, political pursuits, chambers of commerce, etc.
- Philanthropy: contributions of time, materials, and/or money benefiting the local community;
- Business: contributions in their workplace and/or profession/industry
The nominee must be able to attend the Founders’ Award Ceremony ‘Leading the Way Event’ on November 4th, 2021.
We are accepting nominations! Full packets due: 9/30/2021
Nomination period is September 1st – September 30th, 2021.
Nominations may be submitted by WRC members and non-members alike. Self-nominations are welcome. No one knows your accomplishments better than you and we do not publicize the nominator in any way.
Duplicate entries will not improve a candidate’s odds of selection.
The nominations may be submitted via mail to: Susan Watson, 411-B West Fifth Street, Burlington 27215 or by email to email@example.com.
All nominations must include the following:
- A completed packet including the following:
- LTW Nomination Form 2021
- LTW Nominee Questionnaire 2021
- 1 letter of support and up to 2 additional letters demonstrating how the nominee meets the award criteria (see table on back of nomination form for examples)
- A resume
- One head shot and brief bio
Completed nomination packets must be received by 9/30/2021.
Congratulations to our winners!
Founders’ Award Winner: Cathy Dusenberry
Rising Star: Dejuana Warren-Bigelow
Thank you to our 2020 Sponsors
Visionary Sponsor : Labcorp
Sustaining Sponsors : Cone Health, Impact Alamance, Wal-Mart Supply Chain
Supporting Sponsor : Glen Raven
Copper Sponsors : Alamance Community College, Karen & Henry Carrouth, Triad Financial Advisors
Brass Sponsor: Burlington Academy of Dance and Arts
Contact Susan Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org for 2021 sponsorship opportunities.