Honoring Alamance County’s Outstanding Women Leaders
The Founders’ Awards are given by the Women’s Resource Center in Alamance County to female leaders who demonstrate the characteristics of our Founders by providing outstanding contributions in the areas of mentoring, community development, philanthropy, and business.
The Women’s Resource Center in Alamance County is thrilled to announce the Leading The Way Honorees for the 2022 Founders’ and Rising Star Awards!
Congratulations to all these deserving Leaders who are truly Leading the Way in Alamance County! We hope you will join us on November 3rd, 2022 as we honor these amazing women!
Criteria for Nomination
Nominees must be women who reside in or provide leadership in Alamance County. Weight will be placed on involvement and impact in the local Alamance County community.
Current WRC Board & Staff members are not eligible. Previous Founders’ Award recipients and previous Rising Star Award recipients are not eligible to receive the same award again.
Eligible nominees will exhibit one or more of the following characteristics:
- Mentoring: participation in formal or informal activities that develop, support and advise women, and/or encourage community involvement;
- Community Development: participation in local civic organizations, charitable activities, political pursuits, chambers of commerce, etc.
- Philanthropy: contributions of time, materials, and/or money benefiting the local community;
- Business: contributions in their workplace and/or profession/industry
The nominee must be able to attend the Award Ceremony at the ‘Leading the Way Event’ on November 3rd, 2022.
We are accepting nominations!
Full packets due: 9/15/2022
Nomination period is August 1st – September 15th, 2022.
Nominations may be submitted by WRC supporters and non-supporters alike. Self-nominations are welcome. No one knows your accomplishments better than you and we do not publicize the nominator in any way.
Duplicate entries will not improve a candidate’s odds of selection.
The nominations may be submitted via mail to: Susan Watson, 411-B West Fifth Street, Burlington 27215 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All nominations must include the following:
- A completed packet including the following:
- LTW Nomination Form 2022
- LTW Nominee Questionnaire 2022
- 1 letter of support and up to 2 additional letters demonstrating how the nominee meets the award criteria (see table on back of nomination form for examples)
- A Resume
- One headshot and a brief bio (approximately 200 words)
Completed nomination packets must be received by 9/15/2022.
Congratulations to our recipients!
Thank you to our 2021 Sponsors
Visionary Sponsor : Labcorp
Sustaining Sponsors : Impact Alamance, Glen Raven Cares
Supporting Sponsor : Exceed Technology
Contact Susan Watson at email@example.com for 2022 sponsorship opportunities.